During your maternity photo shoot you want to shine like never before, because it is of course a special occasion! That is precisely why I have lovingly collected an extensive collection of maternity dresses and outfits over the years. This way you can be sure that you will find the outfit you want in my collection. Most of my collection can be found on my website www.zwangerschapsjurktehuur.be or you can of course see it on my portfolio.
For your photo shoot I would like to welcome you to my studio where you can already take a look at the possibilities. During that appointment you can feel the dresses, try them on and make a choice. If you have a shoot in the studio, you can also do this right before our photo shoot.
The advantage of coming by in advance is that you can match the clothes of your partner and any children to your chosen dresses.
Of course it is not a requirement to wear my clothes during your shoot. In order to be able to create beautiful, timeless photos, I would like to give you the following tips when choosing your clothing:
Here you can easily find all the do’s and don’ts!
The most important tip: Be yourself!
Less is more
- We want to take timeless photos, so try to wear timeless clothes too.
- Simplicity is always best, when in doubt, think “Less is More”!
- Avoid patterns and stripes, as they can interfere with other elements in your portrait.
- Avoid logos, they can be very distracting and draw attention to themselves.
Take the whole into account
- Match the style and colors of the attire of everyone who goes on the shoot.
- You can choose to place 1 person in the center of attention by having that person wear a “brighter” color.
- Neutral colors such as beige, white, black, pastels and gray are the best for photos, but if you also want bright colored clothing, that’s possible.
- Wear clothes that fit you well and that you feel good in. It is important that you can move easily in the clothes so that you radiate more confidence in the photos.
Don’t forget the accessories
- Dress from head to toe. Make sure you pick a pants/dress with the right shoes in mind. Keep shoes simple or go barefoot.
- I recommend that you minimize the use of jewelry. The jewelry you wear on a daily basis is fine, but avoid too much jewelry that you wouldn’t normally wear. Keep the jewelry simple, neutral in colors and timeless.
- Wear your makeup and hair as you always have. Now is not the time to experiment with a new hairstyle or make-up that makes you feel less comfortable.
Keep in mind the end goal of your photos
- Would you like your photos in your interior? Keep in mind that the clothes you wear match the style and colors in your interior.
And of course take into account the season and the forecast weather
- Is it a cold day? Be sure to bring warm shoes, an extra pull or thick jacket to warm up in between. A hat, scarf, etc. Don’t forget to dress your kids extra thick.
- Is it nice and warm? Then keep in mind that you don’t put your children on too thick clothes (shirts are allowed!), and wear comfortable, loose clothing yourself in which you do not sweat too much.
If in doubt, feel free to bring several sets so that we can choose from on site.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me. I will of course be happy to help you!